As the role of cyber security in businesses increases, company leadership, from the CEO and CISO all the way to the Board of Directors, are demanding clearer visibility into their organization’s risks and threats. The reasons are plentiful, ranging from business risk management and overall security assurance, to brand and investor reputation. Today’s company is thinking about security more and more, perhaps not to the same level as profit margins, but it is now a topic often discussed in the C-Suite, beyond the CISO, and more often into the board room.
The recent NYSE/Veracode survey “Cybersecurity in the Board Room” goes deep into this topic and shows quite clearly that cybersecurity IS being discussed in board meetings:
The problem, however, has been how to best provide data to the board, especially when you might only have 15 minutes. The same NYSE survey discusses this:
“When asked how they would like cybersecurity information to be presented, nearly two-thirds of respondents indicated a strong preference for either risk metrics or high-level strategy descriptions. It’s clear that CISOs should be speaking to the board in terms directors understand…”
Armed with business-oriented metrics, data visualizations, and threat exposures, a security team can quickly update leadership on the current state of security, as well as create confidence for future technology and business decisions.
Click Introduces Security Reporting Even The Board Can Understand
Today we released a C-Level security intelligence dashboard directly within the Click platform. Our users can now quickly generate reports that visualize potential risks and exposures in both historical and real-time context, while providing intelligence to drive business awareness and decisions. The reports graphically depict not only where risks lie, but also what has been done and what still needs to be accomplished. Much like a sales forecast, our new threat assessment reports provide data analysis for immediate business decisions, which will help ensure the resiliency of the company against cyber attack.
You can use the new reports dashboard to get a high-level view of how your network’s risk profile has changed over time. With one click these reports can be accessed in the Click solution, and then scheduled to automatically run and even be delivered directly to company leaders on a pre-determined schedule. Reports include the ability to:
- Assess system-tuning and security prioritization efforts by visualizing all security alerts, and their severity, threatening the company.
- Visualize trends in advanced malware detection across the network and how it is being handled.
- Identify unusual and abnormal authentication activity and show all failed authentications grouped by type to provide intelligence on malicious user behavior.
- Analyze blacklist activity and show the number of blacklisted hosts grouped by whether the source or destination was blacklisted.
- Identify unauthorized communication channels by showing IRC, RDP, SSH, DNS, TOR, and other activity grouped.
- Ensure employee quality of experience with analysis of users gaining correct and authorized access to systems needed to perform their jobs.
We’re really excited about this new feature, and so are our customers (see below!). Ping us now and schedule a demo and see how it could help your team not only protect your network more proactively, but communicate with your business leadership. Look forward to showing off this feature and others, and we’ll leave you with this:
“Click Security has just added a reporting capability that matches exactly what we were looking for, said Michael Kennemer, Info-Sec Operations Lead at Celanese. “They have been very responsive to our needs from one release to the next and the new reporting features answers questions before we need to ask.”